Wednesday 17 January 2018

*Summative Statement*

I enjoyed the COP module a lot more this year. I think having the freedom to plan my project around what I wanted to investigate helped with the momentum and kept me interested in the relationship between theory and practical work

Overall, I have learned a lot during this module. Not just in regards to the contextual background of images, but how this can be applied and used to enhance the effectiveness of my work. Before this year, I hadn't thought about my work in terms of composition and scenes. This seems obvious now, as much of my work looks at an entire frame and what could be outside of it. Especially in relation to the argument of words vs images, finding a balance between the information provided by the text on the page and the illustrations helped me to understand the power of subtlety in regards to the use of symbols and a viewer’s association with a visual cue. I also enjoyed looking at tone and atmosphere in more depth, which is an important aspect of my practice, as well as art forms outside of illustration, such as film and photography. The way in which I produce images has a direct correlation with the tone and impact of a narrative. Researching a variety of examples helped me to define where my work sits in the creative industries. As a result, I feel much more informed about my own practice. I am excited about how I can apply the things I have learned during COP3 to future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment