Friday 11 March 2016

Louis Theroux - Hunting Documentary




To make myself more aware of the general practice of hunting, I found a Louis Theroux documentary on Netflix. It showed the reality of how people hunt animals in Africa and the system of legality - mostly to do with wealth. The hunters seemed to get a burst of adrenaline when they shoot the animals, this is why they do it, it is a way of life for them. I found the trophy photographs the most disturbing - almost a celebration of the killing of an animal. Also, I found it a bit odd that most of the animals were bred purely just for the practice of hunting, so these animals were not afraid of humans. For me this takes away the whole point anyway, its almost like shooting animals in a zoo and seems a brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment